Sunday 9 September 2012

Hervé Léger Spring 2013

Earlier today the Hervé Léger Spring 2013 collection was revelled at New York fashion week, as you’ll know if you’re keeping up with the latest action. Stepping away from the classic bandage dresses originally created for Hervé Léger by Max Azria, although not completely abandoning body con dresses, the collection was a truly amazing mix of classic images and contemporary additions. As I was watching the live stream I took some pictures on my phone, so obviously they aren’t great quality, but I wanted to post about this show as soon as possible. I’ll probably put up the proper runway photos once they have been released.

One thing about this collection that I really loved was the use of geometric cut outs and prints. I think that they gave the clothes a glam warrior feel and looked gorgeous. The colours used also gave the same sense of power because they were mainly dark or neutral shades with just a few brighter colours.



Another very glam warrior aspect of the collection was the regular use of harness belts, which I think are going to be huge in spring 2013.


 

I was surprised when this outfit came down the run way, since it was the only one that used trousers. I really like the embellishment and nude tones with the flecks of gold. The use of pale pink for some of the pattern also makes it look as though some of the jump suit is sheer, giving the illusion of the model showing more skin than she is in reality.


As well as geometric shapes, in a few of the outfits more opulent prints were used. They still came across as extremely modern due to symmetry and not too much embellishment, and fitted well with the rest of the collection.
 

 I just love this collection, I can't wait to see the professional pictures!Have any of you been watching New York Fashion Week?
Thanks for reading guys,
Bethany Paige X

 

2 comments: