Wednesday 28 November 2012

The British Style Awards 2012

Being possibly one of the biggest dates marked on the calenders of anybody remotely interested in fashion, The British Fashion Awards caused a flood of style icons to descend on The Savoy Hotel yesterday evening. It was one of those events that make me jealous beyond belief at not being there, due to the collection of simply amazing fashion names either wandering, or being worn on, the red carpet. Guests including Alexa Chung, Alice Dellal, and of course Stella McCartney who went home with a stylish two awards - Designer of the Year and Designer Brand. Imagine having the opportunity to whiteness such huge fashion influences, and watch as style history is made.
 
Unfortunately for me, and probably most of you, going to The British Fashion Awards is out of the question. At least, it's out of the question for now! As a result I settled for what I see as second best- gazing in awe at the huge amount of style contained in one Hotel through press photography, and reading the list of winners. I also decided to share with you all some of my favourite outfits from the evening, and my high street interpretations of them. After all, the possibility of being able to afford any Burberry dresses is out of the question for now too!
 
 

Alice Dellal:

 
V neck pencil dress - Topshop £46, Contrast heel shoes - Topshop £55, Lulu Guiness bag small black eyelet bag - £265
 
Eddie Campbell in Christopher Kane:
 
 
Metallic Maxi Skirt by Rare - Topshop £35, Textured Peplum Top - River Island for ASOS £25.00, Skinny clean Metal belt £18, Truth or Dare by Madonna Emylyna Platform Court Shoes - ASOS £110
 
Salma Hayek in Stella McCartney:
 


Fringe body - Topshop £45, Black pencil skirt - Topshop £30, black shoes - Miss selfridge £39

Lily Collins in Mulberry:



Phoebe Dress by Motel - Topshop £55, ear cuff - Topshop £7.50

Alexa Chung in Simone Rocha:




Black embroidered dress- Topshop £65, Heart me lace shoes - Miss Selfridge £59, Ted baker satchel - £99

Cara Delevingne in Burberry. My favourite outfit of the evening:


Metallic seam shift dress- Topshop £55, Plasma premium pointed heels - £95, French connection box clutch - £42

Which of the outfits is your favourite?

Thanks for reading,
Bethany Paige x

2 comments:

  1. I'd have to say out of all of them ... I love Alexa Chung's the most! I mean, it's shocking for me because I'm not a huge floral person -- but I feel hers is most unique out of all the others! :D

    Great post!

    <3 xo - Brittany

    http://www.sorockerchic.blogspot.com

    [changed my blog URL for the 1587194857 time haha -- just kidding -- but it will officially be from now on 'So Rocker Chic' :P]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love it too, not what I'd have expected you to pick though!

      Thanks Brittany X

      Delete