Friday 28 December 2012

That new clothes feeling

In my opinion, nothing can quite compete with that new clothes sensation of stepping out of the house in something you've never worn before. Don't get me wrong, I still completely adore pieces that I bought years ago, but wearing them out for the first time will always be slightly better than wearing them out for the second, third, or twentieth time. This feeling is what made today's outfit so amazing. As mentioned in yesterday's post, I bought some gorgeous things in the H&M sale, and today simply couldn't resist wearing them! I went for my new PVC pencil skirt and chunky black heels. I also found in the bottom of my draws something I "upcycled" in the summer. This top was originally from Primark and was a dark grey colour, but I bleached the top half to give it an ombre effect and cut in some shoulder holes. I think it works really well with the futuristic looking skirt to give it a more grunge feel. I also wore my new black Casio style watch which can't be seen in the full outfit photos but is pictured bellow.

 
 
 
 
(Excuse my baby sister's toys in the corner!)
 
In the end, I spent most of the day indoors anyway, but it still felt pretty amazing lounging around in this! Although, it did become apparent that due to the length and fabric of the skirt, it isn't extremely practical. The fact that it stops just bellow the knee makes wide strides impossible and caused a few stumbles before I got used to it. As a good friend of mine never fails to remind me though - "no pain, no fashion gain" The beauty of the skirt means that my opinion of it was in no way tarnished.

I hope you've all had a lovely Friday! Let me know what you think of today's outfit.

Thanks for reading,
Bethany Paige X


4 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! & I know what you mean! (about stepping out in your new clothes for the first time) That's why for some of the clothes I buy which I adore ... I save them. Like I have to wait to wear them whether I'm going out to dinner or seeing some friends (for like an occasion) is when I break out some of my never-before-worn pieces! :P I know it's strange, but it's a habit :P

    I also love your watch by the way!

    xo - Brittany

    http://www.sorockerchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany! See I'm the complete opposite, I just can't wait to wear new clothes, I guess I'm just impatient haha!

      xx

      Delete
  2. i love that pencil skirt!!! you have a nice a blog!
    thanks for the visit on my blog last time! I follow you now!
    xx
    Dear Inès

    ReplyDelete