Wednesday 23 January 2013

A recent discovery

In winter I seem to spend a good 80% of my free time browsing online shops, usually from the comfort and warmth of my bed. I add numerous items to my basket, regardless of the mounting cost, and pretend that perhaps I'll buy them all in an act of spontaneity. Of course it never happens because, firstly - I don't have the kind of money to feed such gargantuan spending sprees, and secondly - I don't have the wardrobe capacity to facilitate the amount of pieces I fall head over heels for on a regular basis.

Recently the target of my affection has been nasty gal. They're not a brand I was familiar with until about a month ago, and taking a closer look at their gorgeous pieces makes me wonder just how they slipped through my radar. They have an amazing collection of classically girly clothes, shoes and accessories with slight adaptations to give them a real edge.

Lust list:

Pretty young thing dress - £99.70

This dress instantly made me think of the outfit Cara Delevingne wore at the British Fashion Awards (mentioned here) which I'm sure you'll agree, can never be a bad thing. I love the metallic pink fabric and laser cutouts on this otherwise simple tea dress, and think it would look gorgeous with a matte black clutch, heels and nails. 

Lumberjack swimsuit - £104.12

I'm so bored of there being nothing but floral bikinis in the swimwear section of shops! This tartan one piece with cut-out sides is such a breath of fresh air. I love the idea of bringing a bit of grunge to the beach this summer, just throw on some denim shorts and a baggy slogan tee a la Ashish and you're sorted.

Bummer plaid turtleneck - £51.71

Yes, another tartan print. You all know I love 90s fashion, and is there anything more 90s than a tartan long sleeved crop top with grungy studs? I think not. I love how it's worn in the photo with a mini skirt and thigh high socks. It's all very clueless



Sleek slide skirt - £36.60

I think I might be coming down with a slight plastic clothing obsessions  You might remember me buying a black pencil skirt of the sort in the H&M sale (shown here) but the cut makes all the difference! Or at least that's what I'm telling myself...


Time out mesh tee - £30.27

I'm loving sheer and mesh materials at the moment. I adore this thin, barely there, cover-up and it would be a very welcome addition to my spring/summer wardrobe. I imagine it over a mid length pencil dress with some chunky black boots


Hot shot jumper - £42.91

Here's another item that demonstrates my ever growing love of plastic in the fashion world. Who would've thought that a dungaree dress would look so unconventionally perfect with shiny plastic paneling? Certainly not me. Yet it completely does and I love it. 

Which of these gorgeous items is your favourite?

Thanks for reading, 
Bethany Paige X

2 comments:

  1. I do the exact same thing, I guess great fashion minds think alike.

    ReplyDelete