Tuesday 2 September 2014

August Favourites



Since I've been a blogger for more than two years now, it's pretty crazy to think that I've never done a "favourites" post before. There's no time like the present though, so I thought I would take this opportunity to get straight into it with one for August!

Forbidden by Victoria Secret 


I'm insanely loyal when it comes to my everyday scent. Once I've found a perfume that I love, I stick by it! Ralph by Ralph Lauren has had a solid place in my life for two years now and I had no plans to change that fact. Then I came across Forbidden by Victoria's Secret a week ago, bought it and haven't touched Ralph since. It's a gorgeous mix of "exotic pear, jasmine and amber wood" - you have to go and smell it. Not that I want to be too hasty, but I think this is serious, not just a perfume fling. 

 Bourjois Nail Polish Remover

I don't think I ever realised how annoying and time consuming removing nail varnish was until I finally gave into the hype and bought this Bourjois Paris Magic Nail Polish Remover. It is so worth every penny. Not only does it take off nail varnish ridiculously well (even black which has a tendency to leave me looking like I haven't washed in a week with normal remover) but it smells like red fruit and vanilla! If that doesn't make it worthy of a place in my August favourites, I don't know what does.

Kiko Eye Palette


Kiko palette in Harmonic Swing

I've been obsessed with neutral eye looks recently and this Kiko palette which I bought while in Spain is perfect. Even though the colours are relatively neutral they have a beautiful shimmer to them, without being so glittery that they can't work in the day time. The white shimmer is perfect as a brow bone highlight and the purple is my current favourite for the crease.

The Falsies 


The Falsies mascara by Maybelline

Okay, we've all heard of this mascara. Tanya Burr absolutely raves about it! So I finally gave in and bought The Falsies by Maybelline. I could talk about it for hours but all I need to say is that it does exactly what it claims. I curl my lashes, put this on and I'm sorted.

Coral cheeks


Rimmel London in Shade 012 Coral Blush

These pictures don't do this blusher/bronzer justice at all. It's the most stunning coral colour which I pair with a BB Cream on days when I don't feel like wearing a full face of makeup. I apply it with my The Body Shop blusher brush and that's all it takes for a gorgeously pigmented cheek colour.

Bubblemint Gum

I've never been a gum chewer. Fake mint flavours usually give me a headache so I tend to avoid them. But I'm also obsessed with my teeth feeling clean and having fresh breath. This is the first gum I've had that doesn't make me feel unwell after a few minutes of chewing and as random as this favourite may seem, it has been my saviour this month! Plus, who doesn't love the flavour of bubble gum?

Round Sunglasses


 Primark Sunglasses

These round sunglasses have the ability to turn any outfit into a chic ensemble. Seriously, I could wear these with a tracksuit and be LFW ready. Okay maybe not quite, but they've still been amazing this summer.

Straight hair

Toni&Guy straighteners 

I usually leave my hair in its naturally curly state but over the past month I've been straightening my hair at least twice a week. I don't know that I'll carry on with it but for the time being my Toni & Guy straighteners are doing the job brilliantly.

 Striped and jeans



White Tee - New Look // Blue Tee - Primark // Jeans - New Look

My last favourite is a fashion pairing. I am beyond obsessed with wearing my black high waisted jeans with baggy stripped T-Shirts. It's such an effortless style that I can just throw on whenever I want. Plus, these jeans are the softest things in existence! You'll probably see a striped tee and jeans OOTD very soon. 

What have you been loving in the month of August? 
Bethany Paige X

1 comment:

  1. I love that nail polish remover they are so handy, and those rounded sunnies are hot xxx

    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete